Cancer is no doubt a fatal condition in itself, having various types and complicated symptoms. With the right treatment plan, advanced medical services, and expert guidance, patients get better treatment and health. India has a well-developed medical infrastructure that helps it in giving the right medical solutions to patients struggling with cancer conditions.
Acute Myeloid Leukemia Aml Treatment Cost In India is also the biggest factor that allows patients to choose India freely without worrying about the financial aspects too much. The best surgeons and team of oncologists make the treatment process smooth and comfortable for the patients. Also, the hospitals help patients in getting a better recovery after their treatment. All these components have established India as a most favorable medical tourist destination in and around the world.
What is AML or Acute Myeloid Leukemia?
Various types of cancer diseases affect the specific organ or the body part of the patients. AML is a type of blood cancer that affects the blood cells that are placed inside the bones of the patients. The abnormal growth of the cancerous cells makes the condition worsen for the patients.
The immature white blood cells started growing fast taking away the good blood cells and weakening the immune system of the patients. Patients can get the bruise and bleed easily because of the lack of platelets. This makes the body weak to fight against the infection. Identifying the condition at the right time and starting the treatment early can give better health results.
What is the AML Treatment Procedure in India?
The treatment procedure for AML aims to kill the cancerous cells and get back the healthy blood cells in the patient’s body. The stages of the treatment procedures include –
- Diagnosis –In the very first stage the patients go through some blood tests and bone marrow biopsies. This helps in identifying the risk level and making a perfect treatment plan according to the condition of the patient’s health.
- Induction Therapy –This therapy is the initial therapy procedure, that helps in eliminating the leukemia cells.
- Consolidation Therapy –After the induction therapy, consolidation therapy is used to eliminate the remaining cancerous cells from the body of the patient. Doctors use chemotherapy or stem cell transplant in this stage if the condition is serious.
- Stem Cell Transplant –This transplant is useful for those patients who are in the upper stage of the cancer and at high risk. In this, healthy stem cells are transplanted to remove the damaged bone marrow.
- Maintenance Therapy –This therapy is used to prevent the patients from the situation of relapse.
- Supportive Care –In this stage, the patient is carefully observed to ensure that there is no side effects sign of infection, or adverse impact on the patient’s body after the treatment.
- Follow-up and Recovery –Post-treatment care is as important as the previous treatment process. It helps in giving the patients better recovery.
What is the Possible Treatment Outcome for AML in India?
The general success rate of the medical condition is influenced by many factors. This blood cancer is a complex condition in itself and treatment can help in saving the life of the patients. It can give a success rate of 67% for the patients that are below the age of 20. Also, this is the five-year survival rate for the AML patients. The stage of the cancer, damage created by the cancerous cells, and the patient’s age and condition play a major role in the treatment success rate.
Is AML Treatment Cost In India Affordable?
Acute Myeloid Leukemia treatment is a complicated process and requires special medical services and advanced technology to treat patients’ conditions. The cost of the treatment is affordable in India in comparison to other countries. It helps patients in choosing India as their preferred medical tourist destination. The AML treatment cost started from INR 7 lacs. This cost can be increased depending on the duration of hospital stay, patient’s age, complications of the diseases, surgeon’s fees, and many other factors.
What are the Best Hospitals for AML Treatment in India?
India has a chain of well-established and advanced facilities and hospitals that offer the best services and treatment for AML. Here is the list of top hospitals in India for AML –
Fortis Memorials Research Institute, Gurgaon
- Fortis Memorials Research Institute is one of the leading hospitals in India, established in the year 2001.
- It has accreditation with the NABH which gives assurance to the patients that their treatment is in safe hands.
- The hospital is keen to serve its medical services in different areas including cardiac issues, organ transplants, joint-related problems along AML treatment.
Apollo Hospitals, Chennai
- Apollo Hospitals, Greams Roads is a well-established hospital in Chennai, India, established in 1983.
- It has the pride of being the first oncology hospital in India and also the first hospital to be accredited with NABH in Chennai.
- Thopounds of patients get the solution for their complex medical issues after getting treatment from the hospital.
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital is one of the best hospitals in India, established in the year 1996 in New Delhi.
- It is part of Apollo Groups Hospitals, which offers more than 10,000 beds along with 2000 plus pharmacy options for the patients.
- It has accreditation from JCI and NABH and follows international medical standards during the treatment of patients.
Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon
- Artemis Hospital is a leading hospital that offers the best solution for AML, established in the year 2007 in Gurgaon, India.
- The hospitals offer more than 350-bed facilities along with advanced diagnosis services, testing units, and many others.
- It is A modern and well-equipped department for oncology, that helps in treating complex cancer conditions of the patients.
India has become one of the medical superpower that can offer medical treatment to patients all over the world. The supreme and advanced medical infrastructure and hospitals have the solution for every complex condition of the patients. Its quality services build the trust of the patients and also give them high treatment outcomes after their medical process. AML treatment cost In India also makes it a favorable medical tourist destination. The treatment cost is affordable and does not make medical treatment a financial burden on the patients. Thousands of patients get the solution and better health after their treatment in India.